Vault for Umbraco is an easy-to-use, extensible ORM to quickly and easily get strongly-typed Umbraco CMS data into your views. It allows you to create lightly-decorated classes that Vault will understand how to hydrate. This gives you the full view model-style experience in Umbraco that you are accustomed to in MVC, complete with strongly-typed view properties (no more magic strings in your views).
See the version list below for details.
Install-Package UmbracoVault -Version 1.2.1
dotnet add package UmbracoVault --version 1.2.1
<PackageReference Include="UmbracoVault" Version="1.2.1" />
paket add UmbracoVault --version 1.2.1
**New Feature: Lazy Loading**
Umbraco Vault now includes support for lazy loading of properties. Properties that are expensive to hydrate,
such as collections, can be marked as `virtual` and they will be loaded when accessed. See https://github.com/thenerdery/UmbracoVault/wiki/Lazy-property-loading
article for more detail on this feature.
**New Type Handlers**
* Vault now supports nullable types for primitives and structs. See https://github.com/thenerdery/UmbracoVault/wiki/Umbraco-Data-Type---C%23-Data-Type-Grid#nullable-data-types for more detail.
* Vault now supports mapping from JSON data stored within properties. See https://github.com/thenerdery/UmbracoVault/wiki/Umbraco-Data-Type---C%23-Data-Type-Grid#json-data for more detail.
* Fixed issue where exception would be thrown if loading an assembly threw an error. Added try/catch around logic and tracing any issues identified.
* Fixed issue if an external assembly attempts to register a type already handled, that an exception would be thrown. A trace warning is now written instead.
* Codebase has been updated to build against VS 2015 and C# 6
* Reference sites for testing builds have been updated to the latest v6 and v7 versions, including ASP.Net MVC5
* Various code cleanup
This is a pretty significant release! Thanks to @NerderyMGlanzer, @technicallyerik, and @jesse-black for their contributions!
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.