See the version list below for details.
dotnet add package Selenium.Essentials --version 1.0.4
NuGet\Install-Package Selenium.Essentials -Version 1.0.4
<PackageReference Include="Selenium.Essentials" Version="1.0.4" />
paket add Selenium.Essentials --version 1.0.4
#r "nuget: Selenium.Essentials, 1.0.4"
// Install Selenium.Essentials as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Selenium.Essentials&version=1.0.4 // Install Selenium.Essentials as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Selenium.Essentials&version=1.0.4
Build Selenium web automation test using advanced web controls with wrappers and plenty of extensions to fasten your automation development time. Focus more on script logic with better consistent script execution, less maintenance, no hardwaits, with improved script execution performance and integrated Api testing framework.
Overview Selenium provides only option to create only a single generic control which is called the IWebElement. Imagine if you have option to declare controls which resemble the html elements and provide its functionality, for example, Checkbox, Textbox, Button.
Selenium Essentials provide new custom controls giving meaning to your page objects and making it more readable. Every control is defined from a BaseControl which has a set of definitions applicable to all controls as well as its custom actions. For example, Checkbox control will have all properties of the BaseControl and also defines Check() which ticks the checkbox in the UI, UnCheck() which unticks the checkbox, IsChecked returns a bool value based on the control is Checked or Unchecked reading from the UI.
The Custom control also expose the underlying IWebElement as a property used by Selenium, in case you need to do any operations on top of this.
There are plenty of Wait operation defined on the base control which flows through all the custom controls. There are different overrides to the wait operation where you can control the time to wait, whether to throw exception if fails, message for assertions when the waits are used for assert operations. Some custom control overrides the default wait to give a better meaning.
Read more about controls here
There is a simple Api framework, which can help in writing Integration tests using a fluent approach.
Package contains lots of extensions and helpers over different types which will help increase productivity. Example,
- Loading excel and converting to C#
- Converting Json to Dictionary
- Serialization and Deserialization
- Regular Expression, DateTime, String, Enumerable, Async
- Readable page objects which clearly defines what each control resemble in the browser
- Custom controls with wrapped operations -- Checkbox - Check, UnCheck, IsChecked, more -- Textbox - Custom clear and set operations (extented clear which will make sure the content is cleared by doing Ctrl+a and BackSpace) and Set operation to overcome some responsive issues -- UnorderedList - Total, Items -- Select - operations on SelectElement -- Table - TotalColumns, TotalRows, ColumnNames, GeCellContent, GetRowPosition, GetColumnPosition, more -- Collection - working with Driver.FindElements(...) -- FileUpload - UploadFile -- Button -- WebControl - for all generic html control
- WebElement and WebDriver extension methods for most of the
- Api framework to write integration tests -- Supports fluent -- Support most of the operations -- Simple and easy to manage the tests
- Extensions which provide many methods for automation engineering works -- String, RegEx, Enumerable, DatTime, Async, more
- Helpers to load excel, serialization, Json to Dictonary, more
- Attributes for test to load json and xml data
|.NET||net5.0 net5.0-windows net6.0 net6.0-android net6.0-ios net6.0-maccatalyst net6.0-macos net6.0-tvos net6.0-windows net7.0 net7.0-android net7.0-ios net7.0-maccatalyst net7.0-macos net7.0-tvos net7.0-windows|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp2.0 netcoreapp2.1 netcoreapp2.2 netcoreapp3.0 netcoreapp3.1|
|.NET Standard||netstandard2.0 netstandard2.1|
|.NET Framework||net461 net462 net463 net47 net471 net472 net48 net481|
- FluentAssertions (>= 5.10.3)
- Microsoft.CSharp (>= 4.7.0)
- Microsoft.Win32.Registry (>= 5.0.0)
- Newtonsoft.Json (>= 13.0.1)
- Pj.Library (>= 1.0.3)
- Pj.Library.ThirdParty (>= 1.0.3)
- Selenium.Essentials.Api (>= 1.0.4)
- Selenium.Support (>= 3.141.0)
- Selenium.WebDriver (>= 3.141.0)
- System.ValueTuple (>= 4.5.0)
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.
- Introduction of Selenium.Essentials.Api for Api testing
- Usage of utilities from Pj.Library
- Remove Utility class from Selenium Essentials
- Move properties from Utility class to SeAppConfig class
- Move InitializeFramework(..) from Utility to SeAppConfig class
- Upgrade few dependent packages
- All extensions and helpers are now referenced from Pj packages
- Usage of extensions are helpers should be followed by adding using Pj.Library to the class files
Fix: Element wait throws exception when the element is not available
Feat: Use cache while loading excel data to improve the performace and to support multi worksheet loads from same workbook
Feat: Web driver extension - Switch window handle