See the version list below for details.
Install-Package BaseConnectionLibrary -Version 1.0.1
dotnet add package BaseConnectionLibrary --version 1.0.1
<PackageReference Include="BaseConnectionLibrary" Version="1.0.1" />
paket add BaseConnectionLibrary --version 1.0.1
#r "nuget: BaseConnectionLibrary, 1.0.1"
// Install BaseConnectionLibrary as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=BaseConnectionLibrary&version=1.0.1 // Install BaseConnectionLibrary as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=BaseConnectionLibrary&version=1.0.1
Base connection library (VB.NET/C#)
This repository is for base classes used for connecting to both SQL-Server, MS-Access and Oracle databases using several classes for both easily creating connections along with a generalized method to detect runtime exceptions.
This code may not suit every developer's need and also may seem like overkill to the novice developer. The intent is to have a base class that can be used in any project in one or more Visual Studio solutions. Although the code is VB.NET, the base library can be used with C# also.
- Add the class project KarenBase to your Visual Studio solution, rename the project if so desired.
- Add a reference to KarenBase to your Windows forms project.
DatabaseServerto your server e.g. KARENS-PC or for SQL-Server Express .\SQLEXPRESS
DefaultCatalogto the targeted database in the server above.
- Follow the example in the project SampleSqlConnection for SQL-Server. MS-Access example to follow.
See the following repository which focuses more on using this library with C# but does have a VB.NET project for SQL-Server.
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 or higher.
- IsSuccessFul from the base exception class allow a type to be returned from a function such as a List(Of T) or DataTable without the need to be concerned with if there had been a runtime exception as after the method calls and before using the return item check IsSuccessFul.
Imports SampleSqlConnection.Classes Public Class Form1 Private Sub testConnectionButton_Click(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) _ Handles testConnectionButton.Click Dim ops As New DataOperations ops.ReadAllCustomersIntoDataTable() If ops.IsSuccessFul Then ' use the return type Else ' don't use the return type End If End Sub End Class
Simple example for Oracle
Public Class DataOperations Inherits OracleConnection Public Sub New() DataServer = "MyOracleDB" UserId = "myUsername" Password = "myPassword" End Sub End Class
For a C# version of this library see the following repository.
PM> Install-Package BaseConnectionLibrary -Version 1.0.0
|.NET Framework||net46 net461 net462 net463 net47 net471 net472 net48|
- No dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.
Added Oracle connection class