Install-Package Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy -Version 1.0.0
dotnet add package Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy --version 1.0.0
<PackageReference Include="Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy" Version="1.0.0" />
paket add Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy --version 1.0.0
#r "nuget: Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy, 1.0.0"
// Install Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy&version=1.0.0 // Install Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy&version=1.0.0
C# extension method for fast object cloning.
This is a speed-optimized fork of Alexey Burtsev's deep copier. Depending on your usecase, this will be 2x - 3x faster than the original. It also fixes some bugs which are present in the original code. Compared to the classic binary serialization/deserialization deep clone technique, this version is about seven times faster (the more arrays your objects contain, the bigger the speedup factor).
The speedup is achieved via the following techniques:
- object reflection results are cached
- don't deep copy primitives or immutable structs & classes (e.g. enum and string)
- to improve locality of reference, process the 'fast' dimensions or multidimensional arrays in the inner loops
- use a compiled lamba expression to call MemberwiseClone
How to use:
using Baksteen.Extensions.DeepCopy; ... var myobject = new SomeClass(); ... var myclone = myobject.DeepCopy()!; // creates a new deep copy of the original object
Note: the exclamation mark (null-forgiving operator) is only required if you enabled nullable referency types in your project
- Alexey Burtsev (original deep copy code)
- Wouter Groeneveld (unit tests & XElement copy)
- Gitkarst (treat enum as immutable)
- Jean-Paul Mikkers (speed optimization)
|.NET||net6.0 net6.0-android net6.0-ios net6.0-maccatalyst net6.0-macos net6.0-tvos net6.0-windows|
- No dependencies.
This package is not used by any NuGet packages.
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.