Akka 1.5.13Prefix Reserved
dotnet add package Akka --version 1.5.13
NuGet\Install-Package Akka -Version 1.5.13
<PackageReference Include="Akka" Version="1.5.13" />
paket add Akka --version 1.5.13
#r "nuget: Akka, 1.5.13"
// Install Akka as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Akka&version=1.5.13 // Install Akka as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Akka&version=1.5.13
- Website: https://getakka.net/
- Twitter 🐦: AkkaDotNet
- Discussions 📣: Akka.NET GitHub Discussions
- Chat 💬: Akka.NET on Discord
- StackOverflow ✔️: Akka.NET on StackOverflow
Akka.NET is a .NET Foundation project.
How is Akka.NET Used?
Akka.NET can be used in-process or inside large, distributed real-time systems; we support a wide variety of use cases.
Akka.NET can be used to solve the following types of problems:
- Concurrency - Akka.NET actors only process messages one-at-a-time and they do so in first in, first out (FIFO) order; this means that any application state internal to an actor is automatically thread-safe without having to use
locks or any other shared-memory synchronization mechanisms.
- Stream Processing - Akka.NET actors and Akka.Streams make it easy to build streaming applications, used for processing incoming streams of data or incoming streams of live events such as UI or network events inside native applications.
- Event-Driven Programming - actors make it easy to build event-driven applications, as actors' message-processing routines naturally express these types of designs.
- Event Sourcing and CQRS - Akka.Persistence, used by actors to make their state re-entrant and recoverable across restarts or migrations between nodes, natively supports event sourcing. Akka.Persistence.Query can be used to compute CQRS-style projections and materialized views from Akka.Persistence data.
- Location Transparency - Akka.Remote makes it simple for actors in remote processes to transparently communicate with each other.
- Highly Available, Fault-Tolerant Distributed Systems - Akka.Cluster, Akka.Cluster.Sharding, and other tools built on top of Akka.Cluster make it possible to build highly available and fault-tolerant distributed systems by leveraging peer-to-peer programming models with topology-aware message routing and distribution.
- Low Latency, High Throughput - Akka.NET aims to be low latency and high throughput, processing 10s millions of messages per second in-memory and hundreds of thousands of messages per second over remote connections.
Where Can I Learn Akka.NET?
- Petabridge's Akka.NET Videos on YouTube
- ".NET Conf - When and How to Use the Actor Model An Introduction to Akka.NET Actors"
- Reactive Applications with Akka.NET
- Akka.NET Succinctly
|.NET Framework Unit Tests|
|.NET 7 Unit Tests (Windows)|
|.NET 7 Unit Tests (Linux)|
|.NET 7 MultiNode Tests (Windows)|
|.NET 7 MultiNode Tests (Linux)|
Install Akka.NET via NuGet
If you want to include Akka.NET in your project, you can install it directly from NuGet
To install Akka.NET Distributed Actor Framework, run the following command in the Package Manager Console
PM> Install-Package Akka.Hosting
Akka.Hosting includes the base Akka NuGet package and also provides an easy interface to integrate Akka.NET with the most-used parts of the Microsoft.Extensions ecosystem: Configuration, Logging, Hosting, and DependencyInjection. We encourage developers to adopt it.
And if you need F# support:
PM> Install-Package Akka.FSharp
Akka.NET Project Templates
To create your own Akka.NET projects using our templates (Akka.Templates), install them via the
dotnet new install "Akka.Templates::*"
This will make our templates available via
dotnet new on the CLI and as new project templates inside any .NET IDE such as Visual Studio or JetBrains Rider. You can view the full list of templates included in our package here: https://github.com/akkadotnet/akkadotnet-templates#available-templates
Please see Building Akka.NET.
To access nightly Akka.NET builds, please see the instructions here.
If you need help getting started with Akka.NET, there's a number of great community resources online:
- Subscribe to the Akka.NET project feed on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AkkaDotNet (@AkkaDotNet)
- Join the Akka.NET Discord: https://discord.gg/GSCfPwhbWP
- Ask Akka.NET questions on Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/akka.net
If you and your company are interested in getting professional Akka.NET support, you can contact Petabridge for dedicated Akka.NET support.
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET||net5.0 was computed. net5.0-windows was computed. net6.0 is compatible. net6.0-android was computed. net6.0-ios was computed. net6.0-maccatalyst was computed. net6.0-macos was computed. net6.0-tvos was computed. net6.0-windows was computed. net7.0 was computed. net7.0-android was computed. net7.0-ios was computed. net7.0-maccatalyst was computed. net7.0-macos was computed. net7.0-tvos was computed. net7.0-windows was computed.|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp2.0 was computed. netcoreapp2.1 was computed. netcoreapp2.2 was computed. netcoreapp3.0 was computed. netcoreapp3.1 was computed.|
|.NET Standard||netstandard2.0 is compatible. netstandard2.1 was computed.|
|.NET Framework||net461 was computed. net462 was computed. net463 was computed. net47 was computed. net471 was computed. net472 was computed. net48 was computed. net481 was computed.|
|MonoAndroid||monoandroid was computed.|
|MonoMac||monomac was computed.|
|MonoTouch||monotouch was computed.|
|Tizen||tizen40 was computed. tizen60 was computed.|
|Xamarin.iOS||xamarinios was computed.|
|Xamarin.Mac||xamarinmac was computed.|
|Xamarin.TVOS||xamarintvos was computed.|
|Xamarin.WatchOS||xamarinwatchos was computed.|
NuGet packages (188)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on Akka:
Remoting support for Akka.NET. Allows actors to communicate over the network.
Persistence for Akka.NET actors. Allows actors to persist and recover their state in a database-agnostic fashion.
You need a Akka.TestKit.* package! Add the one appropriate for the test framework you use instead. For example: Akka.TestKit.Xunit or Akka.TestKit.VsTest. This package only contains base functionality for writing tests for the Akka.NET framework.
Serilog logging adapter for Akka.NET.
Dependency injection support for Akka.NET [DEPRECATED - replaced by Akka.DependencyInjection]
GitHub repositories (12)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Akka:
NEO Smart Economy
Self-paced training course to learn Akka.NET fundamentals from scratch
Performance benchmarking and testing framework for .NET applications :chart_with_upwards_trend:
a cqrs and event sourcing framework for dotnet core using akka.net
Akka.NET v1.5.13 is a maintenance release with several bug fixes and also performance and QOL improvements.
[Akka: Clean up and optimize actor name validation](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6919)
[Akka: Wrap all scheduler Tell messages in `IScheduledMessage` envelope](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6461)
[Akka: Fix possible NRE bug in `Dispatchers`](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6906)
[Akka.Cluster.Sharding: Log shard coordinator remember entities timeout](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6885)
[Akka.Cluster.Sharding: Fix shard coordinator throwing NullReferenceException](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6892)
[Akka.Streams: Log errors inside SelectAsync stage](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6884)
[Akka.Streams: Add supervisor strategy support for Throttle stage](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6886)
[Akka: Change HashedWheelTimerScheduler implementation to use `PeriodicTimer` for net6.0+ builds](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6435)
Package dependency upgrades
[Bump Polyfill to 1.27.1](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6899)
[Bump Microsoft.Data.SQLite to 7.0.11](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6917)
[Bump Google.Protobuf tp 3.24.3](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/pull/6909)
If you want to see the [full set of changes made in Akka.NET v1.5.13, click here](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/milestone/95?closed=1).
| COMMITS | LOC+ | LOC- | AUTHOR |
| 18 | 25 | 25 | dependabot[bot] |
| 6 | 435 | 200 | Gregorius Soedharmo |
| 4 | 512 | 293 | Aaron Stannard |
| 2 | 3 | 7 | Simon Cropp |
| 1 | 7 | 0 | Sergey Popov |
| 1 | 66 | 17 | Ismael Hamed |
| 1 | 1 | 1 | HamzaAmjad-RG |