dotnet add package Akka.Coordination --version 1.5.7
NuGet\Install-Package Akka.Coordination -Version 1.5.7
<PackageReference Include="Akka.Coordination" Version="1.5.7" />
paket add Akka.Coordination --version 1.5.7
#r "nuget: Akka.Coordination, 1.5.7"
// Install Akka.Coordination as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Akka.Coordination&version=1.5.7 // Install Akka.Coordination as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Akka.Coordination&version=1.5.7
Akka.NET is a .NET port of the popular Akka project from the Scala / Java community. We are an idiomatic .NET implementation of the actor model built on top of the .NET Common Language Runtime.
- Website: https://getakka.net/
- Twitter 🐦: AkkaDotNet
- Discussions 📣: Akka.NET GitHub Discussions
- Chat 💬: Akka.NET on Discord
- StackOverflow ✔️: Akka.NET on StackOverflow
Akka.NET is a .NET Foundation project.
How is Akka.NET Used?
Akka.NET can be used in-process or inside large, distributed real-time systems; we support a wide variety of use cases.
Akka.NET can be used to solve the following types of problems:
- Concurrency - Akka.NET actors only process messages one-at-a-time and they do so in first in, first out (FIFO) order; this means that any application state internal to an actor is automatically thread-safe without having to use
locks or any other shared-memory synchronization mechanisms.
- Stream Processing - Akka.NET actors and Akka.Streams make it easy to build streaming applications, used for processing incoming streams of data or incoming streams of live events such as UI or network events inside native applications.
- Event-Driven Programming - actors make it easy to build event-driven applications, as actors' message-processing routines naturally express these types of designs.
- Event Sourcing and CQRS - Akka.Persistence, used by actors to make their state re-entrant and recoverable across restarts or migrations between nodes, natively supports event sourcing. Akka.Persistence.Query can be used to compute CQRS-style projections and materialized views from Akka.Persistence data.
- Location Transparency - Akka.Remote makes it simple for actors in remote processes to transparently communicate with each other.
- Highly Available, Fault-Tolerant Distributed Systems - Akka.Cluster, Akka.Cluster.Sharding, and other tools built on top of Akka.Cluster make it possible to build highly available and fault-tolerant distributed systems by leveraging peer-to-peer programming models with topology-aware message routing and distribution.
- Low Latency, High Throughput - Akka.NET aims to be low latency and high throughput, processing 10s millions of messages per second in-memory and hundreds of thousands of messages per second over remote connections.
Where Can I Learn Akka.NET?
You can start by taking the Akka.NET Bootcamp, but there are many other great learning resources for Akka.NET Online.
- Petabridge's Akka.NET Videos on YouTube
- ".NET Conf - When and How to Use the Actor Model An Introduction to Akka.NET Actors"
- Reactive Applications with Akka.NET
- Akka.NET Succinctly
|.NET Framework Unit Tests|
|.NET 7 Unit Tests (Windows)|
|.NET 7 Unit Tests (Linux)|
|.NET 7 MultiNode Tests (Windows)|
|.NET 7 MultiNode Tests (Linux)|
Install Akka.NET via NuGet
If you want to include Akka.NET in your project, you can install it directly from NuGet
To install Akka.NET Distributed Actor Framework, run the following command in the Package Manager Console
PM> Install-Package Akka.Hosting
Akka.Hosting includes the base Akka NuGet package and also provides an easy interface to integrate Akka.NET with the most-used parts of the Microsoft.Extensions ecosystem: Configuration, Logging, Hosting, and DependencyInjection. We encourage developers to adopt it.
And if you need F# support:
PM> Install-Package Akka.FSharp
Akka.NET Project Templates
To create your own Akka.NET projects using our templates (Akka.Templates), install them via the
dotnet new install "Akka.Templates::*"
This will make our templates available via
dotnet new on the CLI and as new project templates inside any .NET IDE such as Visual Studio or JetBrains Rider. You can view the full list of templates included in our package here: https://github.com/akkadotnet/akkadotnet-templates#available-templates
Please see Building Akka.NET.
To access nightly Akka.NET builds, please see the instructions here.
If you need help getting started with Akka.NET, there's a number of great community resources online:
- Subscribe to the Akka.NET project feed on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AkkaDotNet (@AkkaDotNet)
- Join the Akka.NET Discord: https://discord.gg/GSCfPwhbWP
- Ask Akka.NET questions on Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/akka.net
If you and your company are interested in getting professional Akka.NET support, you can contact Petabridge for dedicated Akka.NET support.
|Product||Versions Compatible and additional computed target framework versions.|
|.NET||net5.0 was computed. net5.0-windows was computed. net6.0 is compatible. net6.0-android was computed. net6.0-ios was computed. net6.0-maccatalyst was computed. net6.0-macos was computed. net6.0-tvos was computed. net6.0-windows was computed. net7.0 was computed. net7.0-android was computed. net7.0-ios was computed. net7.0-maccatalyst was computed. net7.0-macos was computed. net7.0-tvos was computed. net7.0-windows was computed.|
|.NET Core||netcoreapp2.0 was computed. netcoreapp2.1 was computed. netcoreapp2.2 was computed. netcoreapp3.0 was computed. netcoreapp3.1 was computed.|
|.NET Standard||netstandard2.0 is compatible. netstandard2.1 was computed.|
|.NET Framework||net461 was computed. net462 was computed. net463 was computed. net47 was computed. net471 was computed. net472 was computed. net48 was computed. net481 was computed.|
|MonoAndroid||monoandroid was computed.|
|MonoMac||monomac was computed.|
|MonoTouch||monotouch was computed.|
|Tizen||tizen40 was computed. tizen60 was computed.|
|Xamarin.iOS||xamarinios was computed.|
|Xamarin.Mac||xamarinmac was computed.|
|Xamarin.TVOS||xamarintvos was computed.|
|Xamarin.WatchOS||xamarinwatchos was computed.|
NuGet packages (10)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on Akka.Coordination:
Clustering support for Akka.NET actors. Used to build highly-available, distributed applications.
Distributed publish/subscribe, client and singleton support for Akka.NET cluster
Sharded actors with managed lifecycle for Akka.NET cluster. Used to distribute state in a fault-tolerant, consistent fashion over an Akka.NET cluster.
Akka.NET coordination module for Kubernetes
This package is not used by any popular GitHub repositories.
Akka.NET v1.5.7 is a significant release that introduces a [major new reliable message delivery feature to Akka.NET and Akka.Cluster.Sharding](https://getakka.net/articles/actors/reliable-delivery.html): `Akka.Delivery`.
Akka.Delivery is a reliable delivery system that leverages built-in actors, serialization, and persistence to help guarantee that all messages sent from one producer to one consumer will be delivered, in-order, even across process restarts / actor restarts / network outages.
Akka.Delivery's functionality is divded across four libraries:
Akka - defines the base definitions for all messages, the `ProducerController` type, and the `ConsumerController` type;
Akka.Cluster - contains the serialization definitions for Akka.Delivery;
Akka.Persistence - contains the `EventSourcedProducerQueue` implementation, an optional feature that can be used to make the `ProducerController`'s outbound delivery queue persisted to the Akka.Persistence Journal and SnapshotStore; and
Akka.Cluster.Sharding - contains the definitions for the `ShardingProducerController` and `ShardingConsumerController`.
We've documented how these features work in the following two detailed articles official website:
"[Reliable Message Delivery with Akka.Delivery](https://getakka.net/articles/actors/reliable-delivery.html)"
"[Reliable Delivery over Akka.Cluster.Sharding](https://getakka.net/articles/clustering/cluster-sharding-delivery.html)"
If you want to see the [full set of changes made in Akka.NET v1.5.7, click here](https://github.com/akkadotnet/akka.net/milestone/86?closed=1).
| COMMITS | LOC+ | LOC- | AUTHOR |
| --- | --- | --- | --- |
| 9 | 13972 | 135 | Aaron Stannard |
| 6 | 92 | 88 | Ebere Abanonu |
| 4 | 803 | 807 | Simon Cropp |
| 3 | 70 | 53 | Gregorius Soedharmo |
| 3 | 3 | 3 | dependabot[bot] |