Console user interface toolkit for .NET applications.
Install-Package Terminal.Gui -Version 1.1.1
dotnet add package Terminal.Gui --version 1.1.1
<PackageReference Include="Terminal.Gui" Version="1.1.1" />
paket add Terminal.Gui --version 1.1.1
#r "nuget: Terminal.Gui, 1.1.1"
// Install Terminal.Gui as a Cake Addin #addin nuget:?package=Terminal.Gui&version=1.1.1 // Install Terminal.Gui as a Cake Tool #tool nuget:?package=Terminal.Gui&version=1.1.1
* TextView CursorLeft/CursorRight change focus when at start/end #1271
* Fixes #1273 - Add direction summaries
* Fixes #1276 - Added TextDirection constructor to View and Label and improving AutoSize
* Fixes #1272 - Fixes Linux/Mac window sizing
* Fixes #1281 - Fixed CursesDriver colors. Added BasicColors scenario
* Fixes #1266 - Using Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown to allowing navigate through windows.
* TableView - adds last column dividing line #1289
* Fixes #1291. Combining two PosAbsolute or two DimAbsolute result on a PosAbsolute or DimAbsolute
* Changed Console.WriteLine to ITestOutputHelper in tests #1305
* Version 1.0 Release!!! - Thank you to @migueldeicaza, @tig, @bdisp, @tznind, @jmprricone, and many more!
* NEW CONTROL: GraphView - thanks @tznind!
* Fixes #1256 - OutConsoleGridView no longer works - ENTER does not work
* Fixes #1257 - ListView's ProcessKey should return false if no OpenSelectedItem handler is defined
* Fixes #931. Fixed the limit 25 lines issue
* Fixes #1251. Fixes TextValidateProvider exception on the All View Tester scenario.
* Fixes #1210. Added AllowsReturn, AllowsTab and Multiline into the TextView.
* Fixes #1241. Added SendKeys feature to the ConsoleDriver.
* Fixes #418 and #931. Unix terminal hangs after exit.
* Added TextValidateField - Enables masked and validated text input. Thanks @jmperricone!
* Refactored TreeView and TabView to reduce api surface area
* Added code coverage reporting
* Added Dependabot support and updated dependencies
* Renamed master branch to main
* Fixes #1211. Added support to TextView for word based operations Ctrl+Del and Ctrl+Backspace
* Fixes #1208. Now the selected text is overwritten if SelectedStart is greater than CursorPosition.
* Fixes #1206. NetDriver now print the selected text. Attribute struct now create a valid Value for the current driver. Insert key is detected by NetDriver.
* Fixes #1202. CheckBox now deals with a functional '_' underscore hotkey.
* Fixes #1199. Normalize views constructors and did some typo fixing.
* Fixes #1197. Prevents width negative value if added directly to the A
* Added Vertical Alignment and Text Direction + UICatalog Demo (thanks @jmprricone!)
* Fixes #1193. A non auto size default Button now preserves his width and thus the text alignment now work.
* Fixes #1187. Prevents WordBackward throwing an exception if point is greater than the text length
* Fixes #1185. Button click is only processed if there are no mouse mov
* Fixes #1183. ListView now return true on the handled keys
* Fixes #1179. TextView does not copy to the clipboard on deleting
* Fixes #1177. Now is possible to copy or cut on the TextView with the...
* Fixes #1175. demo.cs editor now implement "Copy", "Cut" and "Paste".
* Fixes #1173. TextField only need to handle a single line.
* Fixes #1171. Delete and Backspace now deletes the selected text
* Fixes #1167. Application.Run method with #DEBUG can be simplified.
* Fixes #1165. Changing the directory name label or the field name crashes
* Fixes #1159. Dialog must have a default button if none is provided.
* NEW CONTROL: Tabview - thanks @tznind!
* UI Catalog now shows correct Terminal.gui.dll version
* Fixes #939 - README sample does not compile - thanks @buzzfrog!
* Fixes #1154 - FileDialog blank constructor results in unstable window
* Fixes #1155 - MoveForward/MoveBackward not bound on Text controls.
* Fixes #1152 - Generic TreeView`1 breaks upon selection in All Views Tester)
* Fixes #1148 - TextFormatter.Format does not keep the end spaces on wrapped text.
* Fixes #134 - (HUGE) TextView: Add line wrapping.
* Fixes #1145 - ScrollBar down arrow is not showing.
* Fixes #1143 - Cannot change the MenuBar's background color.
* Fixes #1141 - Cannot change the StatusBar's background color.
* Fixes #1048 - BrighCyan to BrightCyan spelling
* Fixes #1130 - Broken Table/TreeView links in docs.
* Now using MinVer to generate version numbers from git tags.
* Updated publish-to-nuget to work with minver
* NEW CONTROL: TreeView - Thanks @tznind!
* Fixes #1066. View sizing across the various terminals has been fixed; works in Windows Terminal again - thanks @bdisp
* Fixes #1117. Newfile Modal.
* NOTE: Windows Terminal is broken - see #1099
* NEW CONTROL: TableView - Thanks @tznind!
* NetDriver is signficantly imporved - thanks @bdisp!
* Fixes #1016. Window is drawing its frame over the menu.
* Fixes #1018. Since childNeedsDisplay is used outside the View class it must to be a property.
* Fixes #1024. TextView is printing theFixes #1030. Getting colors from the Attributes of a ColorScheme. new line character "\n" with a symbol
* Fixes #1030. Getting colors from the Attributes of a ColorScheme.
* Fixes #1034. The NuGet packages need to be updated.
* Fixes #1043. The menu separator is being printed in the wrong place.
* Fixes #93. Audit TextView just like we did TextField to ensure proper treatment of Unicode.
* Fixes #1050. ScrollView takes too long to scroll enormous content size.
* BREAKING CHANGE - Fixes #1052. Application.CurrentView looks unused.
* Fixes #1053. ProcessMouseEvent seems to initialize MouseEvent incorrectly.
* Fixes #1056. Window doesn't redraw his SuperView properly.
* Fixes #1061. ComputerLayout scenario does not drawn correctly.
* Added unhandled exception handling in Application.Run (#1063)
* Fixes #1068. The ResizeView doesn't handle the AutoSize properly.
* Fixes #1071. Toplevel.GetTopLevelSubviews (). Changed from HashSet to IList.
* Fixes #1073, #1058, #480 #1049. Provides more automation to the ScrollBarView, allowing easily implement on any view.
* Application.Shutdown() does not reset SynchronizationContext (#1085).
* Fixes #1088. On WindowsDriver moving the mouse with a button pressed, when it is released, the button clicked event is fired, causing an unintentional event.
* Fixes #1091. Continuous button pressed not working properly on Linux.
* Fixes #1100. TextFormatter doesn't handle ColumnWidth greater than 1.
* Cursor shape and visibility #1102
* If StatusBar.Visible is set to false, TopLevel resizes correctly enabling hiding/showing of a StatusBar. UICatalog demonstrates.
* New sample/demo app - ReactiveExample - Shows how to use reactive extensions and ReactiveUI with gui.cs. (Thanks @worldbeater)
* BREAKING API CHANGE - Removed IEnumerable from View and Window. Use Subviews property instead. See #950.
* Fixes #998. Added a cancelable TextChanging event to prevent the TextChanged event being called if the changing is canceled.
* Fixes #1002. Added a AutoSize property to the View class.
* Fixes #1009. AutoHideScrollBars is causing ScrollView always redrawing.
* Update to .NET 5 RTM
* Fixes #995. Improving TextField to work properly with Unicode characters
* Fixes #999. Toplevel should only redraw the subviews if !NeedDisplay.IsEmpty or layoutNeeded.
* Fixes #992. TextFormatter class now respect the view dimensions. Some typo fixing too.
* Fixes #990. Pos and Dim only can be properly used when all the views are totally initialized.
* Fixes #979. Force call LayoutSubviews to perform layout.
* Fixes #988. Update NStack.Core to version 0.15.0
* Fixes #41 and #949. Unit test to compare the difference between System.Rune and System.Text.Rune.
* Fixes #881, #928. Allowing more key combinations.
* Fixes #976. Mouse prints sequence characters on the terminal and the screen is not fully cleared. Only for netcoreapp3.1.
* BREAKING API CHANGE - #950 - Remove IEnumerable from View and Window
* Fixes #959. CursorPosition with hotkeys.
* Fixes #963. Added support for Unicode in TextField.
* Fixes #961. Recreates the Frame when necessary.
* Fixes #957. Terminal.Gui nuget package in Reactive example version.
* Fixes #933. Updated to work with libncurses 6.2
* Fixes #225 and maybe #41. Allowing Rune.ColumnWidth greater than one.
* Use glyphs for checkmarks and selection.
v0.90 - "Feature Complete" pre-release of Terminal.Gui (aka gui.cs) 1.0. This release is a signficant upgrade from the previous published release (0.81). Most of the major changes and bug fixes are listed below. NOTE: This release includes breaking changes to the API; we will strive to avoid any more breaking changes before 1.0.
* New sample/demo app - UI Catalog - Replaces demo.cs with an easy to use and extend set of demo scenarios. (Thanks @tig!)
* The API documentation is completely revamped and updated. Readme upated. Contributors guide added (Thanks @tig!)
* MenuBar can now have MenuItems directly (enables top-level menu items with no submenu). (Thanks @tig!)
* API semantics are much more consistent across classes. For example, all events are now defined in terms of event Action instead of EventHanlder. BREAKING CHANGE. (Thanks @bdisp, @worldbeater, and @tig!)
* The project has been refactored an reorganized to reduce risk of bugs and make it easier to contribute.
* Symbols are now included with the nuget package.
Fixes/Improvements (partial list; see Github issues for complete list):
* Fixes #396 - Text alignnment issues. (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes #423 - Fix putting results of ocgv on command line erases cursor. (Thanks @tig!)
* Apps can now get KeyUp/KeyDown events. (Thanks @tig!)
* Example/Designer csproj files updated to latest Visual Studio model. (Thanks @tig!)
* Adjusted the default colors for Windows to make more readable. (Thanks @tig!)
* Toplevel.Ready event - Fired once the Toplevel's MainLoop has started (#445). (Thanks @tig!)
* All compile warnings fixed. (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixed a crash in EnsureVisibleBounds. (Thanks @tig!)
* Application.Init/Shutdown are more robust. (Thanks @tig!)
* New "Draw Window Frame" code; consistent across Window, FrameView, and Menu. Fixes many drawing bugs. (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes #522 - Last view of Frameview not drawn. (Thanks @tig!)
* Clipping has been fixed/restored - it now works properly. (#586) (Thanks @tig!)
* Added a View.LayoutComplete event (#569). (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes #299 - MessageBox now auto sizes. (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes #557 - MessageBoxes on small screens. (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes #432 - MessageBox does not deal with long text; width/height params are goofy. (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes #35 - Dialog should have 1 char padding. (Thanks @tig!)
* `MessageBox.Query` called with `width` and `height` == 0 get auto-size behavior. A new constructor is added making this easy to use. (Thanks @tig!)
* Multi-line `MessageBox`es are now supported. Just use `\n` to add lines. The height of the MessageBox will adjust automatically. (Thanks @tig!)
* The `MessageBoxes` Scenario in UI Catalog provides a full demo/test-case. (Thanks @tig!)
* `Dialog` called with `width` and `height` == 0 are sized to 85% container. A new constructor is added making this easy to use. (Thanks @tig!)
* Dialog (and MessageBox `Buttons` are now dynamically laid out using Computed layout. (Thanks @tig!)
* A `Dialogs` Scenario has been added to UI Catalog making it easy to test the API. (Thanks @tig!)
* `Button` now supports BOTH specifying a hotkey with '_' and the old behavior of using the first uppercase char (if '_' is not found). (Thanks @tig!)
* All UI Catalog scenarios that use `Dialog` or `MessageBox` now use the simplified API. (Thanks @tig!)
* `Terminal.Gui.dll` now has version metadata and UI Catalog's about box displays it as a test case. (Thanks @tig!)
* Button, Dialog, and MessageBox API documentation has been updated/revised. (Thanks @tig!)
* `View`, `Window`, `FrameView`, and `Dialog` have been upgraded to use the new `ConsoleDriver.DrawFrameWindow` API directly. (Thanks @tig!)
* New ComboBox control (Thanks @fergusonr!)
* ConsoleDriver now supports improved KeyModifers (shift keys) with an expanded Keys Sceanrio in UI Catalog. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Tons of mouse handling improvements. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fsharp sample updated. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixes #562 - Background drawing issue. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixes #517 - Focus and mouse handlers enahced (BREAKING CHANGE). (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixed resizing update and correct Toplevel colors without colors. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixed #515, #518, #536, #540. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Added Threading Scenario to UI catalog. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Added support for F11 and F12 keys. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Multiple improvements to Date/TimeField. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixes #409 - Invoke does not cause Wakeup #501. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixed Label text alignment. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Added mouse features in the Unix version. Supports xterm-1006. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Several StatusBar fixes. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Tons of mouse improvements including mouse wheel support (e.g. #404, #409). (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Added a CloseFile method to the TextView as stated in #452. (Thanks @bdisp)
* Added a OpenSelectedItem event to the ListView #429. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixes the return value of the position cursor in the TextField. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Updates screen on Unix window resizing. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixes the functions of the Edit-Copy-Cut-Paste menu for the TextField that was not working well. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* More robust error handing in Pos/Dim. Fixes #355 stack overflow with Pos based on the size of windows at startup. Added a OnResized action to set the Pos after the terminal are resized. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixes #389 Window layouting breaks when resizing. (Thanks @bdisp!)
* Fixes #557 MessageBox needs to take ustrings (BREAKING CHANGE). (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes ScrollView in several key ways. (Thanks @tig!)
* Now supports Computed layout and has constructors that don't require parameters.
* ScrollBarViews are now positioned using Computed layout versus error prone absolute
* ScrollBarViews now correctly position themselves when one, either, or both are on/off.
* IsVertical is now a public property that does the expected thing when changed
* Mouse handling is better; there's still a bug where the mouse doesn't get grabbed by the ScrollView initially but I think this is a broader problem. I need @BDisp's help on this.
* Supports "infinite scrolling" via the new OnDrawContent/DrawContent event on the View class.
* The Scrolling Scenario was enhanced to demo dynamically adding/removing horizontal/vertical scrollbars (and to prove it was working right).
* The Checkbox.Toggled event is now an EventHandler event and passes previous state. (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes #102 All Views now support parameterless constructors. (Thanks @Bdisp and @tig!)
* Fixes #583 Button can now be sized. Button now supports TextAlignment. (Thanks @Bdisp!)
* Fixes #421 Now builds on Linux with "dotnet build". (Thanks @AArnott!)
* MenuItem now supports checked/selected items. (Thanks @tig!)
* Label no longer incorreclty displays formfeed char. (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes #645 - RadioGroup now supports unicode. (Thanks @tig!)
* Fixes #573 - RadioGroup supports Computed Layout. (Thanks @tig!)
* RadioGroup now uses a single, good looking, glyph. (Thanks @tig!)
* RadioGroup now supportrs the Action-based event pattern correctly. BREAKING CHANGE. (Thanks @tig!)
* ConsoleDriver and Drivers have new standard glyph definitions for things like right arrow. (Thanks @tig!)
* ScrollView updated to use pretty glyphs. (Thanks @tig!)
* Menubar now uses pretty arrow glyph for sub-menus. (Thanks @tig!)
* View now has a Text property, implemented via the new TextFormatting class. (Thanks @tig!)
* TextAlignment is implemented once across all Views that support it.
* Unicode support is now much more robust and complete; dozens of bugs fixed.
* Any view dervied from View now has a Text property with multi-line text formatting, including word-wrap and hotkey support.
* Label is now mostly just an alias for View; supports Clicked
* Button is now a very thin class derived from View (no API changes).
* Dozens of unit tests for TextAlignment are provided reducing the chance of regressions.
* Fixes #351. Added a horizontal display for RadioGroup. (Thanks @bidsp!)
* Fixes #644. Added a UICatalog Scenario for a dynamic menu bar. (Thanks @bidsp!)
* Fixes #838. Added a Visible property to the View. (Thanks @bidsp!)
NuGet packages (9)
Showing the top 5 NuGet packages that depend on Terminal.Gui:
Adds diagnostics command line utilities for diagnosing what conventions are available to be run
An elmish wrapper around Miguel de Icaza's 'Gui.cs' https://github.com/migueldeicaza/gui.cs including a fable like view DSL.
A library to support running tests against rest APIs
Advanced console gui for the Wanderer engine
Console-based user interface toolkit for .NET applications using Xamarin.Forms
GitHub repositories (8)
Showing the top 5 popular GitHub repositories that depend on Terminal.Gui:
Console-based user interface toolkit for .NET applications.
👨💻 A zero-conf git repository hub for Windows and macOS with Windows Explorer- & CLI-enhancements
Our flagship .NET Core Ethereum client for Linux, Windows, MacOs - full and actively developed
Modules that mix PowerShell and GUIs/CUIs! - built on Avalonia and gui.cs
Tool for generating dependency trees for .NET projects