MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
MICROSOFT .NET LIBRARY
These license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one
of its affiliates) and you. They apply to the software named above. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
services or updates for the software, except to the extent those have different terms.
IF YOU COMPLY WITH THESE LICENSE TERMS, YOU HAVE THE RIGHTS BELOW.
1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
You may install and use any number of copies of the software to design, develop and test you’re
applications. You may modify, copy, distribute or deploy any .js files contained in the software as
part of your applications.
2. THIRD PARTY COMPONENTS. The software may include third party components with separate legal
notices or governed by other agreements, as may be described in the ThirdPartyNotices file(s)
accompanying the software.
3. ADDITIONAL LICENSING REQUIREMENTS AND/OR USE RIGHTS.
a. DISTRIBUTABLE CODE. In addition to the .js files described above, the software is comprised
of Distributable Code. “Distributable Code” is code that you are permitted to distribute in
programs you develop if you comply with the terms below.
i. Right to Use and Distribute.
• You may copy and distribute the object code form of the software.
• Third Party Distribution. You may permit distributors of your programs to copy and
distribute the Distributable Code as part of those programs.
ii. Distribution Requirements. For any Distributable Code you distribute, you must
• use the Distributable Code in your programs and not as a standalone distribution;
• require distributors and external end users to agree to terms that protect it at least as
much as this agreement;
• display your valid copyright notice on your programs; and
• indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Microsoft from any claims, including attorneys’
fees, related to the distribution or use of your applications, except to the extent that any
claim is based solely on the Distributable Code.
iii. Distribution Restrictions. You may not
• alter any copyright, trademark or patent notice in the Distributable Code;
• use Microsoft’s trademarks in your programs’ names or in a way that suggests your
programs come from or are endorsed by Microsoft;
• include Distributable Code in malicious, deceptive or unlawful programs; or
• modify or distribute the source code of any Distributable Code so that any part of it
becomes subject to an Excluded License. An Excluded License is one that requires, as a
condition of use, modification or distribution, that
• the code be disclosed or distributed in source code form; or
• others have the right to modify it.
a. Data Collection. The software may collect information about you and your use of the software,
and send that to Microsoft. Microsoft may use this information to provide services and improve
our products and services. You may opt-out of many of these scenarios, but not all, as described
in the product documentation. There are also some features in the software that may enable
you and Microsoft to collect data from users of your applications. If you use these features, you
must comply with applicable law, including providing appropriate notices to users of your
applications together with a copy of Microsoft’s privacy statement. Our privacy statement is
located at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=824704. You can learn more about data
collection and use in the help documentation and our privacy statement. Your use of the software
operates as your consent to these practices.
b. Processing of Personal Data. To the extent Microsoft is a processor or subprocessor of
personal data in connection with the software, Microsoft makes the commitments in the
European Union General Data Protection Regulation Terms of the Online Services Terms to all
customers effective May 25, 2018, at http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9840733.
5. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights
to use the software. Microsoft reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights
despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In
doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it
in certain ways. You may not
• work around any technical limitations in the software;
• reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, or otherwise attempt to derive the
source code for the software, except and to the extent required by third party licensing terms
governing use of certain open source components that may be included in the software;
• remove, minimize, block or modify any notices of Microsoft or its suppliers in the software;
• use the software in any way that is against the law; or
• share, publish, rent or lease the software, provide the software as a stand-alone offering for
others to use, or transfer the software or this agreement to any third party.
6. BACKUP COPY. You may make one backup copy of the software. You may use it only to reinstall
7. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may
copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
8. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and
regulations that apply to the software, which include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end
use. For further information on export restrictions, visit www.microsoft.com/exporting.
9. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is “as is,” we may not provide support services for it.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based
services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support
11. APPLICABLE LAW. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington law applies to
interpretation of and claims for breach of this agreement, and the laws of the state where you live
apply to all other claims. If you acquired the software in any other country, its laws apply.
12. CONSUMER RIGHTS; REGIONAL VARIATIONS. This agreement describes certain legal rights.
You may have other rights, including consumer rights, under the laws of your state or country.
Separate and apart from your relationship with Microsoft, you may also have rights with respect to
the party from which you acquired the software. This agreement does not change those other rights
if the laws of your state or country do not permit it to do so. For example, if you acquired the
software in one of the below regions, or mandatory country law applies, then the following provisions
apply to you:
a) Australia. You have statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law and nothing in
this agreement is intended to affect those rights.
b) Canada. If you acquired this software in Canada, you may stop receiving updates by turning off
the automatic update feature, disconnecting your device from the Internet (if and when you re-
connect to the Internet, however, the software will resume checking for and installing updates),
or uninstalling the software. The product documentation, if any, may also specify how to turn off
updates for your specific device or software.
c) Germany and Austria.
(i) Warranty. The software will perform substantially as described in any Microsoft
materials that accompany it. However, Microsoft gives no contractual guarantee in relation to the
(ii) Limitation of Liability. In case of intentional conduct, gross negligence, claims based
on the Product Liability Act, as well as in case of death or personal or physical injury, Microsoft is
liable according to the statutory law.
Subject to the foregoing clause (ii), Microsoft will only be liable for slight negligence if Microsoft is in
breach of such material contractual obligations, the fulfillment of which facilitate the due
performance of this agreement, the breach of which would endanger the purpose of this agreement
and the compliance with which a party may constantly trust in (so-called "cardinal obligations"). In
other cases of slight negligence, Microsoft will not be liable for slight negligence
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED “AS-IS.” YOU BEAR THE RISK
OF USING IT. MICROSOFT GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR
CONDITIONS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, MICROSOFT
EXCLUDES THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
14. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. YOU CAN RECOVER
FROM MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO U.S. $5.00. YOU
CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS,
SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This limitation applies to (a) anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on
third party Internet sites, or third party applications; and (b) claims for breach of contract, breach of
warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages.
The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your state or country may not allow
the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
Please note: As this software is distributed in Quebec, Canada, some of the clauses in this
agreement are provided below in French.