An easy and reliable way to perform fire-and-forget, delayed and recurring, long-running, short-running, CPU or I/O intensive tasks inside ASP.NET applications. No Windows Service / Task Scheduler required. Even ASP.NET is not required.
Backed by Redis, SQL Server, SQL Azure or MSMQ. This is a .NET alternative to Sidekiq, Resque and Celery.
Install-Package HangFire -Version 1.7.11
dotnet add package HangFire --version 1.7.11
<PackageReference Include="HangFire" Version="1.7.11" />
paket add HangFire --version 1.7.11
Please see https://docs.hangfire.io/en/latest/upgrade-guides/upgrading-to-hangfire-1.7.html to learn how to upgrade from 1.6.X.
• Added – Display recurring job exceptions directly in the Dashboard UI.
• Added – Add built-in support for reliable shutdown detection of ASP.NET apps.
• Changed – Unify exception handling in recurring job scheduler.
• Changed – Internal feature to perform state changes without calling any filters.
• Changed – Decrease the number of retry attempts for recurring jobs to 5.
• Fixed – Let workers to ignore any state change filters when all previous attempts to call them failed.
• Fixed – Don't let `RecurringJobScheduler` to stall the pipeline when extension filters throw an exception.
• Fixed – Don't let `DelayedJobScheduler` to stall the pipeline when state filters throw an exception.
• Fixed – `JobLoadException` when new methods deployed, caused by overlapped recycles in ASP.NET applications.
• Fixed – Configuration changes aren't taken into account, caused by overlapped recycles in ASP.NET.
• Fixed – Zombie servers shown on the "Servers" page that aren't stopped automatically unless app pool is recycled.
• Fixed – Pass the whole exception to the `Error` field of a recurring job.
• Fixed – Re-schedule recurring jobs with unsupported versions, instead of stopping the pipeline.
• Fixed – Don't stumble over non-existing recurring jobs in a scheduler.
• Fixed – Add another check before removing non-existing jobs from delayed jobs to avoid race conditions.
• Fixed – Avoid throwing `NullReferenceException` instead of `InvalidOperationException` when deserializing a job.
• Fixed – Don't transform queue names to upper case in the Dashboard UI.
• Added – Farsi translation for Dashboard UI (by @sepehr1101).
• Added – Portuguese translation for Dashboard UI (by @GeErghon).
• Added – `PrefixPath` in `DashboardOptions` (by @shenjielx).
• Added – Allow `PageUrl` to be overridden by subclass (by @brendonparker).
• Changed – Use `XACT_ABORT` option for `ExpirationManager` queries.
• Changed – Don't rely on implicit rollback when disposing transactions.
• Fixed – `NullReferenceException` in logs thrown from `SqlInternalTransaction.Rollback` method.
• Fixed – Additional Chinese translation for Dashboard UI (by @brookqin).
• Fixed – Added `null` checks for expired failed jobs in Dashboard UI (by @ppkale1995-cimpress).
• Fixed – Add word break to definition lists for state cards in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – Render long recurring job identifiers correctly in Dashboard UI.
• Changed – Implement long polling fetch for sub-second polling delays without `sp_getapplock`.
• Fixed – Don't leak `DbConnection` instance when an exception occurs during its opening.
• Fixed – Can not obtain connection from the pool exception after database was offline.
• Fixed – High number of waits in SQL Server when Hangfire Servers are idle.
• Changed – Update "Making ASP.NET Applications Always Running" for .NET Core (by @unionthugface).
• Fixed – Fix typo in the README.md file (by @tawfikkh).
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseResultsInContinuations` method to globally enable results for continuations.
• Added – Ability to push antecedent job's result to continuations via job parameters with `ContinuationsSupport`.
• Added – `JobParameterInjectionFilter` server filter to inject job parameters as arguments.
• Added – Allow to specify a custom thread factory in `UseBackgroundPool` methods.
• Changed – Add retry attempts for recurring jobs instead of immediately disabling them.
• Fixed – `CultureInfo.InvariantCulture` is now restored properly in background jobs.
• Fixed – Recurring jobs aren't triggered early after changing their cron expressions.
• Fixed – Don't trigger recurring job when it can't be scheduled due to errors.
• Fixed – Argument with a `null` value is skipped when displaying job arguments in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – Add a workaround for resolving `System.Diagnostics.Debug` type in .NET Core 3.0.
• Deprecated – Deprecate the `JobActivatorScope.InnerScope` property as it wasn't implemented.
• Added – Support for Microsoft.Data.SqlClient package when using a custom connection factory (Part II).
• Fixed – Remove `System.Data.SqlClient` dependency from `SqlCommandBatch` and `ExpirationManager`.
• Added – `IAppBuilder.MapHangfireDashboard` method for ASP.NET Core 3.0 endpoint routing (by @kendaleiv).
• Changed – Add explicit `netcoreapp3.0` target with "Microsoft.AspNetCore.App" framework reference (by @stebueh).
• Changed – Add explicit `netcoreapp3.0` target with reference to "3.0.0" packages.
• Added – Making ASP.NET Core application always running on IIS (by @bamotav).
• Fixed – Small typo on the "Getting Started in ASP.NET Core applications" page (by @msynk).
• Fixed – Small spelling correction in "Throttling & Rate Limiters" (by @Bert-R).
• Fixed – Small typo in the "Sending Email" tutorial (by @nabeelvalley).
• Fixed – Correct spelling of 'prerequisites' in README.md (by @lgirvin).
• Changed – Produce a trace log message with details when updating a recurring job.
• Changed – Return early from `CoreBackgroundJobFactory.Create` when storage returns `null`.
• Project – Minor changes for the `Readme.md` file (by @231293).
• Project – Add `netcoreapp3.0` target framework for Hangfire.Core.Tests.
• Project – Add support for MSBuild 15.0 (VS 2019) when building `*.cshtml` files.
• Added – Allow modification of the Dashboard UI title (by @tbertenshaw).
• Added – Support for HTML tags on the Dashboard UI title (by @caioproiete).
• Added – Buttons for 1,000 and 5,000 items per page in dashboard.
• Added – Links to previous/next pages to the top of the dashboard page.
• Changed – Expose the `RazorPage.Context` property as a public member.
• Fixed – Supplementary Chinese translation (by @mccj).
• Fixed – Don't update real-time chart when too much time passed since the last update.
• Added – Add support for Microsoft.Data.SqlClient package when using custom connection factory (Part I).
• Added – Add `UseFineGrainedLocks` option to avoid deadlocks in some theoretical cases.
• Added – Add missing overload for `UseSqlServerStorage` with connection factory parameter only.
• Added – Expose the SqlServerObjectsInstaller.GetInstallScript method (by @altso).
• Fixed – Make command batching working on .NET Core when using System.Data.SqlClient 4.7.0 and higher.
• Fixed – Permit dash characters (`-`) in schema names (by @kendaleiv).
• Fixed – Escape square bracket characters in schema names.
• Project – Add support for `netcoreapp3.0` target in Hangfire.SqlServer.Tests.
• Project – Take schema name from constant in Hangfire.SqlServer.Tests (by @kendaleiv).
• Project – Make Hangfire.SqlServer.Tests work on Linux in Travis CI environment.
• Fixed – Add missing `AddHangfireServer` method for .NET Framework 4.6.1 and higher (by @danstur).
• Changed – Add support for dash characters (`-`) in queue names (by @caioproiete).
• Fixed – Show actual error in Dashboard UI when recurring job can't be scheduled.
• Fixed – Ensure backward compatibility when JSON payloads are serialized with field names only.
• Fixed – Non-awaited continuations can bring down the whole app when `TaskScheduler` is set to `null`.
• Fixed – Timeout value is not respected in some cases in the `WaitOneAsync` method.
• Fixed – Show error message when there's an error loading the statistics in Dashboard UI (by @prochnowc).
• Fixed – Properly handle recurring jobs with null or empty 'Job' field.
• Fixed – Disable recurring job when we can't schedule it due to an error.
• Fixed – Use `LazyThreadSafetyMode.PublicationOnly` to avoid caching "JobStorage.Current is null" exceptions.
Hangfire.AspNetCore & Hangfire.NetCore
• Fixed – Add missing overload for the `AddHangfireServer` method with "options" action.
• Added – `BackgroundJobClient.RetryAttempts` property to make job creation resilient to transient exceptions.
• Added – Dashboard localization support in `pt-BR` (by @candidodmv).
• Changed – Protect background dispatchers from moving from stopped state to non-stopped one.
• Changed – Unify `WaitOne` and `WaitOneAsync` methods with timeout and cancellation token for `WaitHandle` class.
• Fixed – Don't hide an original fatal exception occurred in dispatchers in some cases.
• Fixed – Dashboard UI to display "await" keyword on all task-like methods.
• Fixed – Display links properly in an informational message on the Servers page in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – Wait for the heartbeat process before shutting down a server.
• Fixed – Potential deadlocks cause by suboptimal queries when using `SlidingInvisibilityTimeout` fetching.
• Fixed – Prevent zero delays between fetch retry attempts when lock acquisition failed without blocking.
• Fixed – Specify float precision explicitly for the `Score` column in the `AddToSet` method.
• SECURITY – Use `HtmlEncode` in all remaining places in Dashboard UI to prevent XSS attacks.
• Added – Added Dutch language, and updated missing translation on "Servers" page (by @r-win).
• Added – `Cron.Never` method for adding manual recurring jobs that never fire (by @michaltalaga).
• Fixed – Add missing `AddOrUpdate` extension methods for the `IRecurringJobManager` interface.
• Deprecated – Unused `HtmlHelper.FormatProperties` method is now obsolete.
• Fixed – Wrong error message in migration script, when @CurrentSchemaVersion has a NULL value (by @penenkel).
• Added – `DashboardOptions.TimeZoneResolver` property to handle custom time zone resolvers in Dashboard UI.
• Fixed – `RecurringJob.AddOrUpdate` method is now able to update a broken recurring job.
• Fixed – Recurring job scheduler now properly handles recurring jobs whose job method or time zone is wrong.
• Fixed – Don't throw an exception on Recurring Jobs page when time zone can't be resolved.
Hangfire.AspNetCore & Hangfire.NetCore
• Added – Automatically resolve `ITimeZoneResolver` service for the `DashboardOptions.TimeZoneResolver` property.
• Fixed – Allow to resolve `IJobFilterProvider` service from the `AddHangfire` method.
• Fixed – Occasional "DataException: Error parsing column" error when using blocking fetch.
• Added – `DashboardOptions.IgnoreAntiforgeryToken` property to disable token validation in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Display hints regarding server status on Servers page in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Highlight recurring jobs with no next execution in Dashboard UI.
• Added – Show actual error in Dashboard UI when recurring job has an invalid Cron expression.
• Fixed – `InvalidOperationException` when `AllowSynchronousIO` option isn't set in ASP.NET Core 3.0.
• Fixed – Set `NextExecution` value to `null` when existing recurring job has an invalid Cron expression.
• Fixed – Make dashboard charts to be more culture-specific to use correct time format.
• Fixed – Obsolete `UseSerializationSettings` comment now contains correct method name (by @PaitoAnderson).
• Project – `resx` files now re-generated automatically when building a project.
• Added – Worker Service host support for .NET Core without unnecessary dependencies to ASP.NET Core.
• Changed – Use blocking fetch implementation only for sub-second polling intervals.
• Fixed – Don't fail with an exception when can't connect to MSSQL instance during start-up.
• Fixed – Don't access the `JobQueue` table when using blocking query and don't have results.
• Added – Full .NET Core 2.0 support by explicitly targeting .NET Standard 2.0.
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.SetDataCompatibilityLevel` to enable rolling upgrades from version 1.6.
• Added – `IGlobalConfiguration.UseRecommendedSerializerSettings` method for new installations.
• Added – Assemblies now loaded automatically when resolving a type when using default type resolver.
• Added – Custom `TaskScheduler` can now be specified in `BackgroundJobServerOptions` for workers.
• Added – `IdempotentCompletionAttribute` filter to enforce strict order for continuations.
• Added – `IBackgroundJobClient.ContinueJobWith` methods to replace `ContinueWith` ones in future for clarity.
• Added – `JobStorage.LinearizableReads` virtual property to avoid unnecessary waits in state changer.
• Added – Allow async methods to run their continuations on worker thread by disabling `TaskScheduler`.
• Added – Multi-stage shutdown to wait for graceful completion before starting to abort jobs.
• Added – Asynchronous checks for job cancellation, `IJobCancellationToken` can be replaced with `CancellationToken` (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – Possibility to create millions of recurring jobs without stressing the scheduler.
• Added – Second-based recurring jobs are fully supported now with 6-part cron expressions.
• Added – Support for custom `TimeZoneInfo` resolvers in recurring jobs for interoperability purposes.
• Added – Package now explicitly targets .NET Standard 2.0, and .NET Framework 4.6 target added as well.
• Added – Type roundtrip support between .NET Core and .NET Framework for most common types.
• Added – Allow to specify queue names based on job arguments with `QueueAttribute` via patterns.
• Added – `PerformContext.Storage` property to allow server filters to spawn connections.
• Added – `GetFirstByLowestScoreFromSet` connection method overload that returns multiple items (by @cdschneider).
• Added – Entry point for custom job naming strategies available for dashboard (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – `JobDisplayNameAttribute` class for displaying jobs in dashboard, available on .NET Core (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – Support for async jobs returning ValueTask<T> (by @pieceofsummer).
• Added – Support for asynchronous background processes, opens the road toward async storage.
• Added – Circuit breaker pattern for background processes to reduce the logging pressure.
• Added – Processing server is now able to detect it was expired, and restart itself with the new id.
• Added – Ability to use custom delays for automatic retries of a background job.
• Added – `ThreadAbortException` and `ThreadInterruptedException` handling to keep the background process running.
• Added – Support for complex Cron expressions, including the `L`, `W`, `#` characters.
• Added – `JobActivator.BeginScope` method overload with the full `PerformContext` (by @jeroenvervaeke).
• Added – Support for read-only view for dashboard (by @mikechamberlain).
• Added – Storage property to control the job expiration time (by @rsilvanet).
• Added – Decrease the size of serialized type payloads and remove version information.
• Changed – Make `TaskScheduler.Default` the default scheduler for async jobs to avoid breaking changes.
• Changed – Split serializer setting to Internal and User scopes to isolate them (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Don't allow to affect internal serialization even by `JsonConvert.DefaultSettings` (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Share the same type binder between Hangfire itself and Newtonsoft.Json (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Use more compact representation of dates when using `SerializeDateTime` (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Stop using special case for `DateTime` argument serialization (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Don't serialize unused `AwaitingState.Expiration` field (Version_170 Switch).
• Changed – Specify parameter type when serializing arguments to allow using `TypeNameHandling.Auto` option.
• Changed – Use case sensitive search when resolving a type as by default in .NET.
• Changed – Make `SucceededState` constructor public to allow state serialization.
• Changed – Add `IBackgroundJobFactory.StateMachine` property (breaking change for low level API).
• Changed – Replace Rickshaw with Chart.js to have beautiful charts with less headache.
• Changed – `DelayedJobScheduler` is able to use the new storage method to query multiple jobs at once.
• Changed – `RecurringJobScheduler` now uses index-based checks to fetch only those jobs that should be scheduled.
• Fixed – Worker now logs an error, when all the state change attempts failed due to an exception.
• Fixed – Don't serialize arguments multiple times when showing job details in dashboard.
• Fixed – `DateTimeOffset` conversion error when it was serialized with `TypeConverter`.
• Fixed – Remove duplicate of argument deserialization code for obsolete `Job` class methods.
• Fixed – Decorate all the exceptions with the `SerializableAttribute`.
• Fixed – `ArgumentNullException` when job class contains method with non-resolvable generic arguments.
• Fixed – "Failed to initialize CoreCLR" error, by removing reference to `Microsoft.NETCore.Portable.Compatibility`.
• Fixed – Possible race conditions in `RecurringJobScheduler` that may lead to job duplicates.
• Fixed – Configuration inconsistency introduced in 1.6.18 leading to issues with custom `JobActivator`.
• Fixed – Triggering the recurring task doesn't update its last execution time.
• Fixed – Recurring job which don't have next execution (intentionally or not) don't cause exception.
• Fixed – Dashboard recurring jobs sorting is random (now it's based on next execution time).
• Fixed – Performance problems with huge amount of recurring jobs.
• Fixed – `NextExecution` field of a recurring job has delay in value getting set.
• Fixed – Dashboard graphs have improper sizing.
• Fixed – Server disappears from the list, but still performing the background processing.
• Fixed – Logging is too aggressive on transient errors.
• Fixed – Daylight saving time transitions now handled perfectly in recurring jobs thanks to Cronos.
• Fixed – Confusing Cron scheduling, when both day-of-week and day-of-month fields set.
• Project – Add `DataCompatibilityRangeFact` and `DataCompatibilityRangeTheory` classes for compatibility checks.
• Project – Reduce test execution time by removing unnecessary waits.
• Added – Full .NET Core 2.0 support by explicitly targeting .NET Standard 2.0.
• Added – An overloaded AddHangfire method with `IServiceProvider` parameter (by @ericgreenmix and @denis-ivanov).
• Added – `BackgroundJobServerHostedService` class based on `IHostedService` interface.
• Added – `IServiceCollection.AddHangfireServer` method to register the server during configuration.
• Changed – Custom services for factory, performer and state changer interfaces will be picked up only when all of them registered.
• Added – Full .NET Core 2.0 support by explicitly targeting .NET Standard 2.0.
• Added – `Schema 7` migration to fix the `IX_HangFire_Set_Score` index to include the `Key` column.
• Added – `Schema 6` migration with less indexes, better physical layout and `bigint` support (disabled by default).
• Added – Blocking fetch support for sliding expiration-based fetch to avoid excessive polling.
• Added – `SqlServerStorageOptions.EnableHeavyMigrations` switch to automatically install even heavy migrations.
• Added – `SqlServerStorageOptions.DisableGlobalLocks` property to avoid custom locking scheme.
• Added – `SqlServerStorageOptions.UsePageLocksOnDequeue` property to use less CPU consuming fetch.
• Added – Callback method to allow to open the database with impersonation (by @BjoernHund).
• Added – `SqlServerStorageOptions.UseRecommendedIsolationLevel` option to set the minimum possible level.
• Changed – Identity columns either converted to the `bigint` type, or entirely removed.
• Changed – Clustered indexes were organized according to the access patterns of their tables.
• Changed – Most of secondary indexes were either removed or made filtered.
• Changed – Optimize sliding-expiration-based fetching to use even less CPU time.
• Changed – Use write reordering and fine-grained locking scheme to improve parallelism.
• Changed – Monitoring API doesn't check state data to see state transition time.
• Changed – Allow to use zero-based poll interval when sliding invisibility timeout.
• Changed – Short paths for the `CreateExpiredJob` method to avoid some round-trips.
• Changed – Set `SqlParameter` types explicitly to not to duplicate query plans.
• Changed – Batch support for `AddToQueue` method when default provider is used.
• Changed – Check `FetchedAt` has expected value to prevent prolonging others' work.
• Changed – Use more recent Dapper 1.50.7 on all platforms except .NET Framework 4.5.
• Changed – Dapper package is internalized now even on .NET Core to avoid possible conflicts.
• Fixed – Avoid unnecessary waits in state changer when job was already expired.
• Fixed – Cannot resolve the collation conflict in `CountersAggregator`.
• Fixed – Background processing stops when identity columns exceed the `Int32.MaxValue`.
• Fixed – Slowdown of scheduled jobs due to the missing index on the `[Set]` table.
Showing the top 7 GitHub repositories that depend on HangFire:
Want a Movie or TV Show on Plex or Emby? Use Ombi!
OSharp是一个基于.NetCore的快速开发框架，框架对 AspNetCore 的配置、依赖注入、日志、缓存、实体框架、Mvc(WebApi)、身份认证、功能权限、数据权限等模块进行更高一级的自动化封装，并规范了一套业务实现的代码结构与操作流程，使 .Net Core 框架更易于应用到实际项目开发中。
This repo contains the code for allReady, an open-source solution focused on increasing awareness, efficiency and impact of preparedness campaigns as they are delivered by humanitarian and disaster response organizations in local communities.
A service for automated crash-dump analysis
Asp.Net Core 3.1 samples (+ Angular 9.0, React 16.13, Vue 2.6) with modern Clean Architecture, Domain-Driven Design, CQRS, Event Sourcing, SOLID, Asp.Net Core Identity Custom Storage, Identity Server 4 Admin UI, Entity Framework Core, Blazor, Selenium E2E Testing, SignalR Notification, Hangfire Tasks Scheduling, Health Checks, Security Headers, ...
Event Sourcing, CQRS and DDD framework for C#/.NET Core.
Read more about the GitHub Usage information on our documentation.